Friday, December 18, 2009

What's new with the Humes

I know that I have not posted since Kyle was born, which is a definite slacking on my behalf, but I decided that I needed to start again.  Here's a brief highlight of what's been going on over the past few months...

Dylan started school and has been loving it!  (The truth is that I love it even more!!!)  He's adjusted so well to the whole process.  Dylan turned 3 in November and Aaron and I feel like he just grew overnight!  His 3 year stats are as follows:  50% weight and 90% for height.  He still LOVES sports and playing with his uncle Ryan.  He got a skateboard for his birthday (yes, a real one) and is actually pretty good at it.  The child truly has no fear, which scares me to death.  Dylan is the sweetest big brother, and says all the time he can't wait for Kyle to get bigger so that he can play with him.  I can't wait either :)  Dylan's Santa list is as follows:  a black pick up truck like Daddy's, golf clubs,  a computer that he can use for work, and a mailbox so that he can get his own mail.  (Does this list not show how much he ADORES his father!)  Here are a few pics of Dylan taken over the past couple of months...


Dylan on his way to his first day of school!


Cheering for Uncle Ryan at his high school football games!  This was the cutest thing in the world.  Dylan would cheer "Go Uncle Ryan" to anyone with the football!

Dylan and Kyle


Dylan playing with his great grandfather on one of our trips to Miami this past summer.


Riding his skateboard on his birthday


Running through the Christmas tree farm looking for the perfect tree!


Hanging the first ornament


Testing out one of his new hats!

As for Kyle, he is definitely mommy's boy!  I'm not sure if it is the second child syndrome or what, but he just melts my heart.  Kyle is very small for his age, but has done everything developmentally sooner than Dylan did.  He weighs about 15 1/2 lbs and just turned 8 months old.  He started crawling at 7 months and started saying "ma-ma" deliberately now for the last couple of weeks.  He loves his walker and chasing Dylan around the house.  The baby is nonstop!  Kyle lights up every time he sees his big brother.  He has the sweetest personality and smiles at anyone who pays attention to him.  Here are a few pics of my little munchkin taken over the past couple of months...


Getting ready for his baptism


My little nugget!


Sporting his Halloween pjs


"Daddy, don't I look cute in your sunglasses?!"


What a little munchkin!


So sweet!


Burr, looking for pumpkins on the coldest day

Putting his first ornament on the tree


Drinking water from his sippy cup

Waiting patiently for Santa!

As for Aaron and I we have traveled A LOT over the past couple of months going to several weddings, grandma's big 60th birthday, and squeezing in some vacation time.  We are super excited to host Christmas this year and can't wait to have a packed house for Santa!


1 comment:

Mollie Perez said...

great pics! I love them! Would love to see them in person..hopefully soon! miss you El