Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Oh No He Didn't!!!

I wake up this morning to the beautiful sound of my angel talking to himself in his crib at 8:45am! (Yes, he slept from 8 pm until 8:45 am!!!) So I routinely go to the restroom and then go into Dylan's room to greet him lovingly. He smiles at me and then all of a sudden starts jumping and screaming "Dad, Dad, Dad." I turn around and see Aaron enter the room right behind me. What??? I nursed this little one for a year, take care of him every day for 15 and 1/2 months, and he goes crazy when he sees Daddy?!!! This can't be. So I try not to let it bother me, until Aaron picks him up and starts to change his diaper and says to me, "here take over, I'm going to make coffee." All of a sudden Dylan starts crying and yelling "Dad, Dad, Dad." Aaron then begins to feel really sorry for me and says something like, "be nice to Mommy." Like that helps. Anyways, Dylan calms down and I get him dressed for the day. We proceed downstairs and Dylan jumps down from my arms and goes running to Aaron like he hasn't seen him in days hugging his leg and saying "Dad, Dad."

Ok, so why am I sharing my heartbreak with everyone you might ask, because I want everyone to feel sorry for me!

1 comment:

Mollie Perez said...

ha.... I love that story Elena! That is sooo totally normal...but really, what makes them do that all of the sudden! So funny! I have a good friend with a daughter your dylans age and she is a total daddy's girl. She crys and waves at her mom to go "bye bye." Little Dylie wouldn't do that..would he? JK! Funny story!